In the examination participants prove their knowledge in the following areas:
- Mobile crane operation;
- OSH Law and Issuances (legal basis) related to mobile crane operation;
- Mobile crane components, parameters, proper set-up and operations;
- Mobile crane rigging equipment & PPE (Personal Protective Equipment);
- Load chart and hand signals.
Successful candidates have the competence in order to:
- Identify crane components, parameters, proper set-up and safe operation;
- Analyze laws and regulations related to mobile crane operations to ensure safety, efficiency and conformity;
- Take note of the shared responsibility between the crane operator and rigger;
- Operate the common rigging equipment to be used in crane operation at the construction site using safety procedures and measures;
- Implement the control measures and programs that should be in place to prevent heavy equipment (mobile crane) related accidents.