Global Certification Program
Certification Program TitleHAZOP Leader (TÜV)
The participants bring the following educational and professional background:
- University degree (master's or bachelor's degree in engineering or science discipline) or equivalent engineer level
- Minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience in the HAZOP technique
Participation in the training course “HAZOP Leader (TÜV)” of the provider Risktec Solutions Ltd. approved by PersCert TÜV. The provider documents the presence by signature of the participant. Admission to the exam is subject to a minimum attendance of 100%.
- Written exam
In the examination participants prove their knowledge in the following areas:
- HAZOP leader role, responsibilities and facilitating skills
- HAZOP preparation
- HAZOP methodology (noding, hazard scenario development safeguards, risk assessment and recommendations)
- Human factors and accident causation
- Integration of LOPA in HAZOP
- HAZOP company and regulatory requirements
- Other HAZOP applications
Successful candidates have the competence in order to:
- Demonstrate mature evaluation of the HAZOP technique against the wider safety context, including the regulatory environment and other safety methods.
- Apply multi-disciplinary engineering knowledge to lead and challenge the HAZOP study team.
- Assess the importance of human factors to a successful HAZOP study in context of the design and operation of process facilities.
- Devise and manage a HAZOP meeting, demonstrating a comprehensive and rounded application of different skills and capabilities to lead both technically and professionally.
Participants demonstrate the relevance of their competence in a recertification process.