In the examination participants prove their knowledge in the following areas:
- Basics of NDT and different methods of NDT.
- Perform Visual test, Liquid Penetrant Test, Magnetic particle test, Radiographic Test, Ultrasonic Test and Radiographic Film Interpretation.
- Perform in Rockwell, Brinnel , izod hardness test and Charpy V notch
- Knowledge in various piping system used in oil and gas industry such as pipe, flange, fittings and pipe supports
- Plant piping fabrication and installation as per asme b 31.3
- Knowledge in ASME, ASTM, API standards related to piping
- To prepare and understand welding procedure specification
- knowledge in SMAW, GTAW and GMAW process electrodes and shielding gases
- understanding various welding defects and ASME section 9 code
- understanding surface preparation of metals before painting
- primer intermediate and final coating of painting
- to understand different mechanical testing used in painting
- understanding various Offshore platforms
- understanding four, six and eight legged jacket
- understanding AWS D 1.1 code
Successful candidates are in a position to…
- Monitor the performance of the welders, carrying out the welding inspection.
- Conduct Weld Audit periodically to ensure the quality of the welding activity.
- Perform material inspection for incoming materials & Review of material certificates to check compliance to project specifications.
- Witness NDT & PWHT after NDT inspection and Final documentation for the clients review.