Global Certification Program
Certification Program TitleCertified Energy Manager (TÜV)
The participants bring the following educational and professional background:
- Minimum D3 Polytechnic vocational school with mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or other relevant major OR
- Minimum 2 years related work experience in energy management
Participation in the training course “Energy Management” of the provider TÜV Rheinland Academy, or any similar training in the international standard ISO 50001:2018, Energy Management, or Energy Technologies, approved by PersCert TÜV. The presence is documented by the provider by signature of the participant. Admission to the exam is subject to a minimum attendance of 80%.
- Written Exam
Required CompetenciesIn the examination participants prove their knowledge in the following areas:
Successful candidates have the competence in order to:
- Energy management systems and energy planning process incl. formation of energy performance indicators and energetic baselines according to ISO 50006;
- Data analysis and measurement technology;
- Basic knowledge and optimisation examples of technologies such as compressed air, pumps and drives, heat supply, refrigeration, and lighting.
- Create, operate and evaluate an energy management system, and establish links to other management systems.
- Identify optimisation potential for energy efficiency.
- Set up an energy data collection system and create an energy planning process.
- Know various practical examples and understand mechanical and electrical system technologies as well as cold, heat and waste heat processes.
Participants demonstrate the relevance of their competence in a recertification process.