Certification Program TitlePatent Researcher (TÜV)
Successful participation in the TÜV Rheinland Academy’s qualification „Patent Researcher (TÜV)”, recognized by the certification body. Admission to the examination is granted upon a minim attendance of 80% and after the successful participation in the modules „Property Rights and Intellectual Property (IP)“ and „Patent Management“.
- Written exam (multiple choice)
In the examination participants prove their knowledge in the following areas:
- Databases for patents, brands and designs
- Patent classification systems – IPC, CPC, DEKLA, North American and Japanese classification systems
- Classification systems for brands and designs – Nice-Classification and Locarno-Classification
- Establishing client requirements
- Research techniques and research tools
- Keyword research
- Fundamental research approaches
- Fundamentals of report generation
- Introduction to patent monitoring and patent-based analyses
“Patent Researchers (TÜV)” know the important differences between sources of information and can use the one that is best for the specific research assignment in a target-oriented manner and thus prepare and conduct patent searches and present the results to their clients in a convincing manner.